Sunday, August 11, 2013

Turning 40 and Rexburg time

After Leah left, we had some more celebrating to do.  I turned 40.  I remember when I turned 30, I thought it was going to be so depressing but it was actually kind of empowering to me to reach that milestone and see how my life had turned out to that point.  I thought I would be depressed that I wasn't married and 30.  But even though I hadn't found a husband yet, my life was simply wonderful.  I had amazing friends and family, fun adventures to experience, a good job and my health.  There was nothing sad about it.  So turning 40 I feel the same way.  I still have my health, more wonderful friends and family who have entered my life (plus an adorable husband) and the best job in the world.  Being a mom.  I love it so much!!  I feel so blessed to have my 3 children in my life.  They fill me with so much joy (and they annoy the crap out of me too).

So my celebration was fairly low-key.  It was on a Monday and Jeff had to work but I got to hang out with these two sweeties below.  Later that evening Jeff took me to one my favorite restaurants "The Bombay House."  The best Indian food in Provo.

Even the kids love it.
 
We ate so much.

And had a wonderful time.
So on Tuesday morning the kids and I drove to Rexburg to hang out with my parents and Leah's family for the rest of the week.  When I got there this poster was hanging up when I walked in. 


I didn't take any other pictures on that day but Leah and my mom planned a celebration with my brothers' families where my mom prepared one of my favorite meals she makes with pasta, zucchini and goat cheese. Yum!  And for dessert, my favorite:  brownie hot fudge sundaes!!!  It was so nice and they made me feel so special. 
 
The rest of the week we relaxed and let the kids play.

My dad filled up their little pool and the kids had so much fun.







My dad even join in the fun!









One another day Ira and Teralyn set up a giant waterslide for the kids in their backyard. 
One must lather up his or her belly with dish soap to have a smooth slide down the hill.
Not a lot of kids can say they have an Uncle Ira. But can those kids who have an Uncle Ira say they have an Uncle Ira that lets them ride on his back while they go down the slip and slide.  I don't think so.  These kids do. They are pretty lucky.













Sorry, mom that I posted a picture of you in your night gown but it was just too cute to pass up.

We had a blast.  We love you Leah, Mom and Dad!!!  Thanks for showing us a great time.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you are doing well turning 40. I'm hating it!!! :D

The Sundloff's said...

You are not 40! You look too great and have the cutest family to show! :) What a fun family! xoxo