Friday, August 23, 2013

The 4th of July 2013

On Independence Day we had the most relaxing day at my in-laws' house.  Jeff's sister's, Nickie, was there too with her family. We started off the day with breakfast.  Pancakes and a breakfast casserole in the backyard on their patio.

Then my mother-in-law had a request from one of her grandchildren to tell a story about America or Independence Day.  So she talked to them about flags and the important of flags.


Then they worked on making their own flags with paint
Later I made my favorite green smoothie for everyone.
It is the Green Monster Smoothie.  Here is the recipe:
1 Cup of soy milk
1 T Peanut Butter
1/2 scoop of protein powder
1 apple
1 frozen banana
2 cups of spinach

We brought our inflatable pool for the kids to play in.  They had a ball and played in it for about 4 hours!!
I tried to take some pictures of them but I couldn't quite capture the ultimate fun they were having.  Then my father-in-law posted the picture below on Facebook.  It captured the look of absolute delight  they were experiencing.  I love it. 
 
Then it is tradition to make a cake that looks like a flag with blueberries and strawberries.

Grandma with 6 of her 13 grandchildren.

Awww!  Total relaxation.


Getting the fire pit ready for s'mores with Grandpa. 
I love going to my in-law's house.  It feels like a resort where I can go to get away from the cares of the world.

No comments: