Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Love Boat

In the 1980's I loved the T.V. show ......

I had a little crush on Gopher

What was I thinking?!

Anyway, I always had dreams of going on a cruise boat but it was never fulfilled until this year!  My sweetie took me on a cruise at the end of September!!  Since this was my first time being away from my babies for a long period of time I couldn't go over to the Eastern side of the U.S. by the Carribean (it seemed too far away) and Mexico didn't excite me.  So we decided to take a western coast cruise that started in Vancouver, Canada and ended in San Diego.  It was 4 days at sea with one stop in Victoria, Canada.

The view of Vancouver as we were pulling away

On top of the boat.  It was called the Stattendam.


Our room had a deck and we passed a light house as were pulling away getting out to the ocean.

I think he is 1,000 times cuter and sexier than Gopher.

We stopped at Victoria
I got suckered into to purchasing the picture that one of the photographers took of us as we were leaving the boat at Victoria. 

Butchart Gardens


The cruise was good.  It was so fun to be with Jeff every minute and not have to say good-bye to each other.  I really enjoyed myself and relaxed a ton.  Those of you who see me on a regular basis know that I have worn a wrist brace and have wrist problems that start from carrying and lifting my babies after they are born.  Lizzie was almost two and I was still having pain in my wrist.  On my vacation I didn't have to lift kids, make dinner, drive or do the daily motherly duties and by the end of the vacation I was finally feeling relief.  And now my wrist is feeling great.


When the cruise ended we stayed in San Diego for a day.
Ben and Lizzie stayed at my parent's house in Rexburg, Idaho.  They had a blast and still talk very fondly of their grandparents and tell me often they want to go back to their house.  My dad took pictures of their "vacation" and then my mom made a picture/storybook and had it laminated and bound so the kids could have a record of their time at grandma's and grandpa's.  What a treasure.


5 comments:

The Hoogland Family said...

oh how dreamy!

Steve & Katie said...

Wow how fun!!! You guys deserved it! And you're right-I think all the Anderson boys have Gopher beat :) Can't wait to see you soon-glad you're back safe.

Tami said...

How much fun! Glad you had time to relax from everything and just enjoy each other :)

Rob and Marseille said...

that sounds wonderful! i think your hubby needs to tell my hubby how awesome a cruise is...our 10th anniversary & my 30th bday fall on the same year! (ps, talking abt food wont convince him, he has a live in chef)

Richard & Natalie said...

This looks awesome! I am so glad you had the chance to get away. Your pics are great and I loved seeing Vancouver and Buchart Gardens.