
My little boy is finally here! He was born on Sunday, October 5 at 1:26 p.m. He weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces and we named him Benjamin Brian Anderson. Brian is Jeff's dad's name. Isn't he so sweet?! I am in love!
Getting him here wasn't easy. I was feeling contractions for three days straight off and on. Sometimes they were consistent and painful but not close enough to go to the hospital. And other times they were light contractions. But finally on Saturday night at about 5p.m., the contractions started coming 5 minutes apart for a couple of hours. I had to call Jeff who was at the priesthood session to come home and get me to take me to the hospital. We went at about 7:30. They admitted me and I was in labor through the night and into the morning. When I was finally dilated to a ten, I pushed for an hour and half. When the doctor finally got there and they could see the head, they figured out that his head was turned to the side and his big burly shoulders couldn't fit. So the doctor decided to do an emergency C-section. So after 18 hours of labor and an hour and half of pushing, I thought I was going to die when he decided to do a C-section. So they rushed me to the operating room and did the surgery. Jeff said that the second Benjamin poked his head out of my uterus, he started to cry. I heard the crying but I couldn't see him because they had it blocked so I couldn't see the surgery process. They let me look at him for like 20 seconds then they rushed him to do all of the baby testing on him. Then while they were stitching me up, they brought him back to me for like 30 seconds and let me look at him again and told me they were taking him to the ICU because he was having trouble breathing and he was very low on fluids in his body. So I sent Jeff with him and I went through the recovery process with Jeff coming to me every now and then to check on me. Then FOUR HOURS later, they brought my baby to me and I finally got to hold him. What a day!
I came home yesterday from the hospital and I'm recovering slowly from almost giving birth and having a C-section. Benjamin is so sweet. He is a wonderful nurser and a good sleeper so far and we are enjoying him so much. Here are a few more pictures:

This was the first time I got to hold him.

This was taken the day we got to go home.

The new proud daddy and his son.

I couldn't resist taking this picture the morning after our first night. Aren't they so cute together?!
10 comments:
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys. I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing so well. He is a cute boy!
What an ordeal! I'm so glad that everything turned out well. He's beautiful and you look great. You got the worst of the delivery options; hard labor and then a C-section but you are both OK and that's what matters. Way to hang in there. Talk about a tough woman. You can do anything now! Can't wait to see him.
Oh Margaret! I am so glad it is over and baby Benjamin is here. So glad you are both safe and healthy. Wowser! Talk about a labor and delivery story. You poor girl!
What a sweet sweet boy. Love the names too. I'm kinda partial to them. :o) Levi's middle name is Benjamin and well..ya know......my MM being Brian and all.....ya did good on the name pickin'. :o)
Can't wait to come down and see you and your new baby. If you need ANYTHING!!!!! you better let me know k? K? OKAY?
Hugs from down the street!
He is so beautiful! What an angel! I can't quite convey my gushiness over his darling features.
Congratulations! I am so happy for you!
Congratulations!!! He is a good looking baby!!! Sorry about the hard labor, but I know it is so worth it!!! Hope you heal quickly and get into a routine even quicker (routines have saved what little sanity I have left :) Oh, and try to get some sleep!
He is absolutely a beautiful baby!
Congrats!
Glad that you made it through the labor. I thought my 13 1/2 hour labors were bad... but you took the cake with the c-section!
Good luck with the first few days. You look great :o)
I can't believe all that work you did and to have a csection on top of it!! You poor girl! I cannot wait to come over and see him!! I will call you next week when most of my kids are in school and see you and that adorable bundle of joy!
He is just darling! Isn't it fun finally having him here? The recovery isn't fun, but totally worth it! Have fun being a mommy! I agree...I am in love too!
Congrats! I'm so excited for you. He is beautiful. I'm so glad that everything went well. I would still like to get together for lunch sometime when you're back on your feet.
Hi, just found a link here from your facebook! Congrats on the new baby, what a special time in your lives!
Post a Comment